- Support Jeffco Kids. “SJK” is a 501(c)4 organization, and so can accept donations and engage in political activities. It has worked hard at organizing opposition to WNW policies in the community, and they seem to be one of the key groups. You can join their mailing list here, and donate here.
Jeffco Exodus – What they are (from their ‘About us’ page):
Gathering facts, Sharing stories
Jeffco Exodus is a community network focused on two primary activities:
Gathering and sharing factual information to raise awareness
Sharing teacher, staff and family stories of exodus from Jeffco
We’re hoping to have two or more volunteers in every Jeffco school – neighborhood, option and charter – to establish a communications network through which we can share factual information. Jeffco has a problem – the new School Board Majority. But not enough people in Jeffco understand the issues. We want to raise community awareness.”
Jeffco Exodus is run entirely by Jeffco parents and is in no way affiliated with any professional associations or other formal organizations.
Who they are looking for (volunteers):
Parents with children in JeffCo schools. “We hope to have at least two people at every Jeffco school who can quickly disseminate factual information we will share.”
Ways to contact them:
- Citizens For Responsible Education is focused on reaching out to those in JeffCo who do not have a direct connection to the school district. Their mission is to help those citizens realize that the fate of JeffCo’s schools, students, and teachers directly impacts their business, their jobs, their home values, and them.
- Your local PTA. Even if you do not have a child in school, your local PTA can use your help and input. Michelle Patterson, the President of JeffCo PTA, gave a blistering speech to WNW at the meeting. What ever happens, the JeffCo PTA will be in the thick of things. Either contact your local school or the County PTA here: JeffCo PTA Volunteers.
- Jeffco Students For Change is a group of students representing most or all of Jefferson County’s high schools that have gotten together to add their voice to the public outcry against the WNW deconstruction of their schools. If nothing else, go and ‘Like’ their page. These are students we all should be very proud of!
- JeffCo School Board Watch is a group of concerned parents and Jeffco residents who have taken up the task of monitoring and chronicling the actions of the Jefferson County School Board. We are always looking for dedicated writers, researchers, and editors. Even if it is just taking notes at a Board meeting, or keeping an eye on different internet sites, if you have the time and the commitment to keeping the public consistently and fully informed, you can help! Click on the link above to find out how to contact us.